Pursuant to Rhode Island General Laws § 38-2-3(d), the Central Falls Public Schools have adopted the following procedure to help you obtain public records:

  • The designated public records officer for the Central Falls Public Schools is the Superintendent. The contact for obtaining public record is the Superintendent’s office located at: School Administration Office, 949 Dexter Street, Central Falls, RI 02863. Normal business hours for the School Department are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday – Friday.

  • In order to request to inspect and/or to obtain copies of documents maintained by the School Department, we request that you complete the request form or otherwise provide a written request for records that clearly identifies the records you seek and state that your request is made pursuant to the Access to Public Records Act. A written request for public records need not be made on the form if the request is otherwise readily identifiable as a request for public records. A written request is not necessary for documents available pursuant to RI General Law 42-35-2 or other documents prepared for or readily available to the public.

  • Requests to inspect public records can be mailed or dropped off at the Administration Office, 949 Dexter Street, Central Falls, RI 02863 and directed to the Superintendent’s Office. E-mail requests cannot be accepted. To make a public records request by fax, please contact the Superintendent’s Office.

  • There are times when the public records that you seek are not available at the time of your request. Please be advised that the Access to Public Records Act allows a public body ten (10) business days to respond and, with “good cause,” may extend the time to respond by twenty (20) business days (thirty (30) business days total).

  • If after review of your request, the School Department determines that the requested records are exempt from disclosure for a reason set forth in RI General Laws 38-2-2(4)(i)(A) – (Y), the School Department reserves its right to claim such exemption.

  • If you feel that you have been denied access to public records, you have the right to file an appeal with the Attorney General. If you are still not satisfied, you may file a lawsuit in Superior Court. See RI General Law 38-2-8.

Central Falls Public Schools are committed to providing you with public records in an expeditious and courteous manner.

Please click here for PDF request form.